After I did my blog entry last night, I ran into the studio and sorted through all my batik and hand dyed scraps.
Here is what they looked like - these are the non-green colors I managed to sort.
And.. next are the green scraps I sorted.
Then I had to decide how big I was going to make this green fabric. I decided that I would use plain muslin for the foundation, and if I make it bigger than 20x20 I would have to lay it out on my cutting board, but we all know what happens when you apply heat to that cutting board. So then I thought I'd make it on my ironing board, but that would really limit the size. I realized that I had one of those combination portable cutting boards/ironing board that I use for traveling and it is about 16x20. I've decided to pin the muslin to the portable board over the parchment paper I layed down first and then start my design.
My design is going to be designed as I go along. I find it difficult to work this way, but very exhilarating when it works out. Well, I'm going in to play, and I'll let you see what happens, have a good weekend everyone.